Upon seeing these, it made me realize a lot of things. These are things that I truly believe everyone should try to accomplish. 🙂
1. Have a firm handshake. (This is something my daddy instilled in me many years ago.)
2. Look people in the eye. (Refer to #1. Lol.)
3. Sing in the shower. (I sometimes like to think I’m auditioning for American Idol and when the song’s over with, the bottles of shampoo & body wash cheer for me.)
4. Own a great stereo system. (Just because. It’s awesome.)
5. If in a fight, hit first and hit hard. (I don’t really agree with this one, but I’ll try it sometime.)
6. Keep secrets.
7. Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday. (I never give up.)
8. Always accept an outstretched hand.
9. Be brave. Even if you’re not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference. (You’ll find out that once you do this, you’ll become even more brave.)
10. Whistle. (I can’t. I’ve tried. I just sputter.)
11. Avoid sarcastic remarks. (I’ve tried this as well. Doesn’t work for me.)
12. Choose your life’s mate carefully. From this one decision will come 90% of all your happiness or misery. (This is true. Good thing I have my punkin. :))
13. Make it a habit to do nice things for people who will never find out. (I want to do this so bad.)
14. Lend only those books you never care to see again. (Wish I had known that before I loaned out one of my favorite books…2 years ago.)
15. Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all that they have.
16. When playing games with children, let them win. (Always.)
17. Give people a second chance, but never a third.
18. Be romantic. ❤
19. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know. (I strive to be.)
20. Loosen up. Relax. Except for rare life-and-death matters, nothing is as important as it seems.
21. Don’t allow the phone to interrupt important moments. It’s there for our convenience.
22. Be a good loser.
23. Be a good winner.
24. Think twice before burdening a friend with a secret.
25. When someone hugs you, let them be the first to let go.
26. Be modest. A lot was accomplished before you were born.
27. Keep it simple.
28. Beware of the person who has nothing to lose.
29. Don’t burn bridges. You’ll be surprised how many times you have to cross the same river. (Whoops….)
30. Live your life so that your epitaph could read, ‘No Regrets’.
31. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on life, you’ll regret the things you didn’t do more than the ones you did.
32. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them. (I STRONGLY believe in this one.)
33. Remember no one makes it alone. Have a grateful heart and be quick to acknowledge those who helped you.
34. Take charge of your attitude. Don’t let someone else choose it for you.
35. Visit friends and relatives when they are in the hospital; you need only stay a few minutes.
36. Begin each day with some of your favorite music.
37. Once in a while, take the scenic route.
38. Send a lot of Valentine cards. Sign them, “Someone who thinks you’re terrific.”
39. Answer the phone with enthusiasm and energy in your voice.
40. Keep a note pad and pencil on your bedside table. Million-dollar ideas sometimes strike at 3 a.m.
41. Show respect for everyone who works for a living, no matter how trivial their job.
42. Send your loved ones flowers. Think of a reason later.
43. Make someone’s day by paying the toll for the person in the car behind you.
44. Become someone’s hero.
45. Marry only for love.
46. Count your blessings.
47. Compliment the meal when you’re a guest in someone’s home.
48. Wave at the children on the school bus.
49. Remember that 80% of the success in any job is based on your ability to deal with people.
50. Don’t expect life to be fair.
A lot of these I’ve accomplished so far without even trying, but this list is motivation to be better at anything and everything you do. That’s my wisdom to you for the day!